There is a remarkable new denture adhesive called SECURE that provides an extremely strong bonding effect and I highly recommend it’s use if you require an adhesive.
There has been controversy about denture adhesive having higher levels of zinc than is desirable. SECURE is a Zinc-Free adhesive that is waterproof, so it doesn’t dissolve when you are eating or drinking. It is reported to last up to 12 hours and has no flavor. A small thin layer may be placed on the inside of a denture. Cream adheres to both denture and gum and does not wash away during eating or drinking. Removal has been reported to be difficult for some patients but cold water and a soft brush will usually work.
It can be ordered online at www.securedenture.com
It is very economical. You will only use half as much as you did before.
Best Way to Apply SECURE
The key to success is applying the SECURE to a dry mouth and denture and then finding the amount that is perfect for you. The holding time is dependent on the amount of saliva in your mouth and the amount of SECURE you use.
- To maximize your hold be sure your dentures and your mouth are completely clean and dry before using SECURE.
- Warm the tube in your hands before using SECURE; and squeeze the tube gently.
- Use a small amount of SECURE first time. If the hold is not long enough add a little more the next time. If the hold is too long; use a little less next time.
- Apply SECURE to your dentures either in a series of dots or by applying a thin coat on the surface of your denture. Be sure that the area you apply the SECURE is going to come in contact with your gums.
- Do not apply SECURE too close to the edge of your dentures because it will just be pushed out when you put the denture in your dry mouth.
- Be sure to bite firmly when you place the denture in your dry mouth to ensure a tight hold.
- To Keep the nozzle from clogging; cap tightly after each use.
Best Way to Clean SECURE Off Your Dentures
Our consumers have found that a variety of methods can be used to clean SECURE from their dentures. Keep in mind that SECURE is non-water soluble, so water simply changes the consistency of SECURE. Cold water firms the SECURE. Warm water makes the SECURE soft and gooey. Cold water allows you to pull it out. Warm water will allow you to wipe it out.
- SECURE Cleansing Tabs are perfectly formulated with a PH of 9 to provide the best clean up of dentures
- If you don’t use SECURE Cleansing Tabs, look for cleanser with a PH of 9.
- If you do not have cleansing tabs available, you can use 90% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a cotton swap and then rinse your dentures. This will help to remove residual left behind in lieu of cleansing tabs.
- Some consumers have found that they get SECURE stuck to their gums or pallet after removing their dentures. This can be easily removed with your toothbrush or clean finger.